Silk Dahlia #001

Here … is my first silk dahlia. It’s not going to be the version I will make available in my e-shop because as for now, I’m not completely satisfied with it.

It’s made out of a PVA-treated silk organza. I cut, seal the edges, and hand-tied each of its 130 petals

Then I dipped it into a small vat of dye

Then  I let these petal to dry for a few hours

Then I dipped their edge, once again, into the dye

Once they’ve dried, I constructed them one by one, even with the ‘watercolor effect’ (no, I didnt dye the silk with watercolor. i know better than that :D )

The verdict is … it’s too lifelike to my liking.

 

I like my hair accessories to look more stylelized. So, I thought, what if I put a simulated pearl on its center

Yet … still …

So … it’s time to stylelize this dahlia even more. Coming next: Silk Dahlia #002 … I’ll blog about it tomorrow.

Advertisements

One Comment Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s